TESFA (Tourism in Ethiopia for Sustainable Future Alternatives)

Experience the Real Ethiopia
Be the guest of the local communities who will welcome you with big smiles (Curtesy of Kevin Perry) Mequat Mariam Committee Members on the 'rock'

Bookings

Charges: The fee for staying at the Community Tourism sites is 450ETB per person, per 24 hours. This is approximately £25.00GB / €30Euro / $50.00 USD. (Children with parents >2 yrs = free, 2-11yrs = 200ETB, 12-15 = 350ETB).

For current exchange rates see http://coinmill.com/ETB_GBP.html

This payment includes accommodation, food: breakfast, simple picnic lunch (or where developed a lunch stop with another community), snacks on arrival and dinner), local beverages (tea and coffee), guide and pack animals or porters to carry luggage (a reasonable amount only in soft bags if possible).

Payment excludes bottled drinks (still water, mineral water, soft drinks, beers, wine etc), entry fees to local churches (if you wish to enter) and transport.

Currently full payment is made to the guide in Meket - but TESFA plans to start taking advance payment of 40% to secure your reservation. The remaining 60% will then be paid on arrival.

To book contact TESFA on info@community-tourism-ethiopia.com and copy to tesfacbt@ethionet.et ; or If in Ethiopia call on 251 (0)11-122 5024 / 124 7231.

Cancellation Fees (this is likely to be covered if you have good insurance)

2 weeks prior to arrival date 40%

Up to 1 week prior to arrival date 80%

Less than 1 week prior to arrival date 100%

INSURANCE

It is essential that everyone has a valid insurance policy, and provides details of the policy prior to their trip. This is so that if there is any need for urgent medical care, this can be arranged without any delay.

Please Remember

TESFA is operating this for the local communities and is itself a non profit organisation. Prices have been agreed with the communities and are not negotiable and cancellation fees need to be collected as the communities.